Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Fever - Part 1

In an effort to kick-start Spring, I'm writing a series of blog posts titled Spring Fever.


My hope is that with each of these posts, Spring will wake up, pay attention and COME TO STAY!!


Of course, along the way I would love to share a few fantastic finds, some creative tips and handy hints for embracing Spring in your neck of the woods. Chances are, you might already be seeing signs of Spring where you live. Here in Minnesota, we trudge through MANY months of frigid temperatures and deal with cRaZy amounts of snow each season. So when SPRING finally gets here, it's a reason to party!


My favorite part of Spring - by far - is flowers. Watching the bright green beginnings of tulips popping up, signifying the HOPE of another season in life, is SO exciting! Not to mention, that same bright green is such a welcome change from the yucky dirty brown leftover from last autumn's leaves and an entire winter's worth of sand that road crews put on our snowy, icy roads.


So, while I was patiently waiting for my REAL flowers to show up, I treated myself to some flowers that I could enjoy every day. That's right, I said flowers that you can enjoy EVERY DAY! Sorry folks, I haven't found the magical hybridization formula that allows fresh cut flowers to live forever. However, what I did find brings a smile to my face every time I see my computer! (How many of us can claim THAT?!?) Let me share:



What do you think? Pretty nice, huh?


These vinyl graphics are called Lirenda Floral and the vinyl decal is made by William and Cindy on EtsyTo view all the fantastic decals they offer in their shop CLICK HERE.

My decal was only $12.99 - FREE SHIPPING FOLKS!!  It arrived in lightning speed time, which was wonderful considering it came all the way from California.  Instructions for application were included and were super-easy!  From start time to end time, I would say the entire decal (on two sheets, one per half) took me less than 15 minutes.  Anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE immediate gratification!!

William and Cindy offer TONS of fabulous decals, in several color choices.  They even have full-color decals available too!  Had I not chosen the Lirenda Floral decal, I would have selected the Funkadelic Macbook Decal:





Gorgeous, huh?  Here's the thing - I don't even have a Macbook, but William and Cindy can adjust the decal to fit my 17-inch Dell laptop!  How custom-fabulous is that?  If there's one thing I love more than Etsy, it's the ability to make an item more special for customers by customizing it.  I LOVE it when a customer of mine custom orders something!

If I could offer a suggestion to those considering purchasing one of these fabulous decals, it would simply be to have a wide popsicle stick or Pampered Chef scraper on hand.  A credit card works well too, but I have done many of these decals throughout my house and unless the application tool is included with the kit, I have found that the Papmered Chef scraper (the little brown square ones you keep by your sink) works best.  By any means, don't let that deter you from buying a decal - THEY ROCK!!

SPECIAL OFFER FROM WILLIAM AND CINDY's ETSY SHOP:  Did you know if you buy one of the decals from this amazing shop and write a blog about it, they will refund HALF of your purchase price?  Considering my decal only cost $12.99 with FREE shipping, I am simply amazed at what my final cost is going to end up being. 

William.  Cindy.  I have to say, with the quality product you are producing and the highly competitive price even BEFORE the blog discount, you will definitely have me spreading the word about your shop far and wide!

To my readers, may Spring come quickly in your neighborhood!

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Alright...you're computer is beautiful! I want one just like it. I use a little netbook for everything so I can take it with me anywhere, but I might need one like yours too! :)

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aawwww.... Thanks Kim! Portability has its advantages too. When I go through security at the airport, my computer doesn't fit into some of the bins - YIKES! Lugging it around tends to be a load too. Luckily for me, I don't get out much =D

    ReplyDelete